What will happen at my first appointment?

  • IDD Service Coordination: Your Service Coordinator will assess your needs and review current goals.
  • IDD Front Door: At the first appointment necessary forms will be completed to add individuals to the interest lists and, if appropriate, we’ll begin the process to determine eligibility for GR (General Revenue) and CFC (Community First Choice) services.
  • BH Open Access: Our Open Access clinics are open Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 6 pm and Friday from 8am-noon. You will need to arrive before 2-3 hours prior to closing to allow time to complete the paperwork.  Open Access clinics are on a walk in basis. When you arrive at the Open Access clinic, you will meet with a screener to determine your eligibility for services.  If eligible, you will be seen by a licensed clinical counselor for an initial intake assessment and an appointment will be scheduled with your assigned case manager for ongoing services.  If you are not eligible, we will provide resources in the community.
  • ECI: ECI of LifePath Systems will check your child for developmental delay and eligibility for enrollment in an ECI program. Once a child is enrolled, a family plan will be developed, and services will begin. If the child is not eligible for ECI, staff will refer you to other resources.

What should I bring to my appointment?

  • IDD Service Coordination: These items vary by case. Your Service Coordinator will let you know if any additional documents are needed for your first meeting.
  • IDD Front Door: For the first appointment we ask that you bring insurance cards, previous diagnostic testing with IQ score and/or Autism diagnosis and copy of guardianship documents.
  • BH Open Access: Photo ID, Social Security Card, Proof of Residence in Collin County (current utility bill), Proof of Income (total gross income for you and your spouse), Proof of Household Size (you, spouse & biological dependents), Proof of Any Extraordinary Expenses, Insurance Cards. For children’s services, these documents are required: Child’s Birth Certificate, Child’s Social Security Card, Parent or Guardian’s Driver’s License, Custody Documents (Divorce Decree, Adoption paperwork, or Legal Guardianship paperwork)

How do I pay for services?

  • ECI: State regulations require ECI to collect payment from you to help pay for your child’s services. You can pay for your child’s services in two ways:
    • Use your or your child’s private and/or public insurance (for example Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program [CHIP], and TRICARE) and/or
    • Make payments to ECI up to a monthly maximum charge.

How much will it cost?

  • ECI: Your payments to ECI cover the cost of services not paid for by insurance. This includes any co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles required by your insurance.
    • How much will I pay to ECI each month? The amount you pay to ECI will depend upon:
      • Your child’s foster care status
      • Your child having Medicaid
      • The type and amount of ECI services provided in the calendar month
      • The amount of money ECI received from your or your child’s insurance
      • Insurance co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles
      • Family size and income

How can I pay my bill?

Where can I provide feedback about my experience?